SGA - How to Access Your Money

2.3 Budget Transfers

Budget allocations for particular expense line items sometimes are either insufficient for a program's needs or are in excess.

A "Budget Transfer" is the mechanism used to transfer money from one account to another.

Budget Transfer forms may be obtained at the Student Government Accounting office at 332 Kerckhoff Hall or online. Each completed form must state the account numbers and the amount to be affected and the reason for the transfer. Please note that all budget transfers must be within the same entity and fund number.

All Budget Transfers require signatures from 2 sources:
1) Commissioner or Project Director and
2) Funding Director (i.e. Finance Committee Chair, Budget Review Director, or CS Mini Fund Chairperson).

Go Back to the SGA Handbook Table of Contents